What to wear:
Rather too much than too little!
- comfy, windproof pants and long underwear, roomy enough to pedal comfortably.
- comfy, windproof jacket and wool long underwear. Avoid cotton clothes - no jeans!
- middle layer fleece to add/ take off.
- warm gloves! (we supply "pogies", a kind og handlebar cover that works well combined with gloves)
- warm comfy shoes covering your ankles (hiking/winter boots). No sneakers/trainers!
- bring your own (ski) helmet if you want. We supply helmets otherwise
- “neck gaiter”/ Buff
- wool hat/ beanie/ headband to wear underneath the helmet (obviously not the thickest model and definitely without a pom pom)
- cover your ears
- gaiters covering your ankles are a good thing
- if you have, bring goggles or sports glasses with clear lenses
What else to bring:
Especially on the longer trips, we recommend bringing a small backpack or waist bag to carry some water, extra clothing and your camera.
Where do we meet?
Meeting point for all fat bike trips is - unless otherwise specified - at the reception of Vestlia Resort.
All fat bike cycling is at your own risk. Fat biking is an outdoor activity with varying weather and surface conditions. The activity demands good health and a minimum of coordination skills. Participants need to assure that their health is appropriate and that they will inform the guide of any exceptions or special difficulties. Geilo-Aktiv cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to people or property, including personal clothing and belongings. Please check with your travel insurance whether they cover activities like fat biking and snowshoeing.
In case of hiring equipment, the hirer is at all times personally liable for any accident that they may cause or damage to people and/or property, including personal clothing and belongings.
You must accept full responsibility for the equipment.There will be a charge for theft, loss or damage to the equipment.